Police investigating fatal crash in American Fork
AMERICAN FORK, Utah — One person died and four others were injured in a two-vehicle crash in American Fork.
The incident happened near 200 East and State Street around 7:15 p.m. Saturday.
Lt. Josh Christensen with the American Fork Police Department said a driver was traveling eastbound when he lost control of his vehicle, crossed into oncoming traffic and struck another car.
Three women from northern Utah County were inside that vehicle.
All of them were transported to the hospital due to the severity of their injuries, according to Christensen.
Shortly after arriving, the 91-year-old passenger died.
The other two women — a 66-year-old, who was the driver, and a 48-year-old — are in extremely critical condition and critical but stable condition, respectively.
Christensen said the 23-year-old man who lost control was released at the scene with minor injuries.
His passenger, a 29-year-old man, is in serious but stable condition.
Speed is being investigated as a factor, according to Christensen.
The victim’s identity has not been released.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 8313)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 8203)
- Biden caught on hot mic swearing at Fox News reporter (pageviews: 6228)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 5505)
- CDC adds 5 more Caribbean island destinations to its highest level of travel risk – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4192)
- Former BYU professor heads to court Feb. 14 for 7 counts of sexual abuse (pageviews: 4034)
- Spirit Airlines to begin SLC flights in May (pageviews: 4017)
- Utah man suffers life-threatening burns after smoking near oxygen tank (pageviews: 3472)
- NASA's James Webb Space Telescope reaches final stop, 1 million miles out (pageviews: 3398)