Authorities identify driver who was killed in Tooele County crash
TOOELE COUNTY, Utah — Authorities have released the name of the driver who died after he was struck by a cement truck on the newly-completed Midvalley Highway in Tooele County.
The man was identified Sunday as 61-year-old Oscar Villegas of West Jordan.
Officials with the Utah Department of Public Safety said the crash happened at the Parachute Lane intersection around 4:15 a.m. Saturday.
They said Villegas did not stop for a stop sign at the intersection in his Dodge Durango and was struck by a cement truck that was traveling north on the highway.
He was killed on impact, while the driver of the cement truck was taken to an area hospital with minor injuries.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 8313)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 8203)
- Biden caught on hot mic swearing at Fox News reporter (pageviews: 6228)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 5505)
- CDC adds 5 more Caribbean island destinations to its highest level of travel risk – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4192)
- Former BYU professor heads to court Feb. 14 for 7 counts of sexual abuse (pageviews: 4034)
- Spirit Airlines to begin SLC flights in May (pageviews: 4017)
- Utah man suffers life-threatening burns after smoking near oxygen tank (pageviews: 3472)
- NASA's James Webb Space Telescope reaches final stop, 1 million miles out (pageviews: 3398)