Woman dead after auto-pedestrian crash on North Temple
UPDATE: The woman struck by a car and killed has been identified as 47-year-old Gabriella Gomez. Salt Lake City Police Department said the investigation is ongoing but had no further updates.
The original story follows.
SALT LAKE CITY — One person was killed after being struck by a car near 750 West and North Temple Monday morning, according to police.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said their investigation is ongoing and drivers should avoid North Temple from 600 West to 800 West.
We are investigating a fatal traffic crash in the area of 750 W. North Temple St. Our investigation is ongoing. Please avoid 600 W to 800 W on North Temple St. PIO is on scene at 700 W. North Temple St. #slc #ut pic.twitter.com/Osv0Hwu34h
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) November 8, 2021
The Utah Transit Authority said Green Line TRAX trains were experiencing delays in the area and a bus bridge will be in place until further notice.
Northbound trains will turn around at the North Temple Bridge/Guadalupe Station and southbound trains will turn around at the Jackson/Euclid Station.
#TRAX Update 7:28 AM: Bus bridge between North Temple and Jackson/Euclid. North Temple bus bridge departs from the FrontRunner parking lot. Plan for additional time due to police activity in the area. Thank you for your patience.
— Utah Transit Authority – UTA (@RideUTA) November 8, 2021
Police have reopened eastbound traffic on North Temple but said TRAX service and westbound traffic will be impacted throughout the morning.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 8313)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 8203)
- Biden caught on hot mic swearing at Fox News reporter (pageviews: 6228)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 5505)
- CDC adds 5 more Caribbean island destinations to its highest level of travel risk – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4192)
- Former BYU professor heads to court Feb. 14 for 7 counts of sexual abuse (pageviews: 4034)
- Spirit Airlines to begin SLC flights in May (pageviews: 4017)
- Utah man suffers life-threatening burns after smoking near oxygen tank (pageviews: 3472)
- NASA's James Webb Space Telescope reaches final stop, 1 million miles out (pageviews: 3398)