Woman dead after auto-pedestrian crash on North Temple
UPDATE: The woman struck by a car and killed has been identified as 47-year-old Gabriella Gomez. Salt Lake City Police Department said the investigation is ongoing but had no further updates.
The original story follows.
SALT LAKE CITY — One person was killed after being struck by a car near 750 West and North Temple Monday morning, according to police.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said their investigation is ongoing and drivers should avoid North Temple from 600 West to 800 West.
We are investigating a fatal traffic crash in the area of 750 W. North Temple St. Our investigation is ongoing. Please avoid 600 W to 800 W on North Temple St. PIO is on scene at 700 W. North Temple St. #slc #ut pic.twitter.com/Osv0Hwu34h
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) November 8, 2021
The Utah Transit Authority said Green Line TRAX trains were experiencing delays in the area and a bus bridge will be in place until further notice.
Northbound trains will turn around at the North Temple Bridge/Guadalupe Station and southbound trains will turn around at the Jackson/Euclid Station.
#TRAX Update 7:28 AM: Bus bridge between North Temple and Jackson/Euclid. North Temple bus bridge departs from the FrontRunner parking lot. Plan for additional time due to police activity in the area. Thank you for your patience.
— Utah Transit Authority – UTA (@RideUTA) November 8, 2021
Police have reopened eastbound traffic on North Temple but said TRAX service and westbound traffic will be impacted throughout the morning.
KSL 5 TV Live
- 'It just keeps coming': Warnings issued in Utah with wintry week ahead (pageviews: 9883)
- 6-year-old boy dies after being ejected during rollover crash (pageviews: 9675)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 8289)
- Police officer wounded, gunman killed in Springville shootout (pageviews: 7785)
- 2 accused of fraud across multiple states with help from Utah store employee (pageviews: 7017)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6751)