Logan High start time delayed while police investigate bomb threat
LOGAN, Utah — Officials with the Logan City School District said bomb-sniffing dogs and law enforcement have been deployed to Logan High School after police were made aware of an Instagram post that included a bomb threat directed at the school.
Authorities said local and federal officials have been working to identify the perpetrator and ensure the safety of the school.
Bomb-sniffing dogs were sent to the school early Tuesday morning and classes will start at 10 a.m. to allow law enforcement to finish their safety check.
“A search of the school and surrounding campus is on-going but has not yet produced any threat to students, staff, or property,” police said Tuesday morning. “Possible juvenile suspect(s) have been identified and the investigation is on-going.”
Buses will follow their normal routes but will be delayed by two hours, and school will dismiss at the normal time of 2:45 p.m.
“We are grateful to all of the law enforcement and school officials who have been working through the night to ensure the safety of our students and employees. We will have an increased police presence at Logan High throughout the day to monitor the situation,” district officials said. “We recognize that this news may create stress and concern for students. Staff will be available throughout the day to meet with students who need to process their concerns in order to feel comfortable at school.”
Elementary schools and Mount Logan Middle School will follow their normal schedules Tuesday.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)