Utah man arrested for allegedly giving co-workers THC candy
TREMONTON, Utah – A Tremonton man faces several felony charges after police said he gave his coworkers THC gummies.
According to the probable cause statement, Christian Calderon Cabrera, 28, mixed the THC gummies in a bag of candies and shared it with five coworkers on Nov. 8.
They were not aware that some of the candy was made with THC.
Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is the compound that makes marijuana users high.
“All five (of the workers) began to experience a high, and some have been taken to receive medical treatment for adverse reactions,” the document said.
A police spokesman said some of the workers at the Tremonton business had used marijuana previously and were familiar with how it made them feel.
Cabrera is charged with five counts of Surreptitious Administering of a Certain Substance.
Sherrie Pace with the Utah Poison Control Center said you can call the center to get immediate help if you ingest something that makes you feel off.
“We actually have health care professionals that answer our phones and they have special training in toxicology and can help with any sort of concerns that you have about that,” she said. “Call 24/7 – they’re always there and you’re in expert hands when you call.”
Pace added that the call is confidential.
“So, you know, you can feel free to talk about any situation that you’re having and be comfortable, knowing that your information will be held confidential and you can speak to an expert over the phone with that peace of mind,” she said.
The number is 1 (800) 222-1222.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)