Construction worker dead following industrial incident at SLC airport
SALT LAKE CITY — One person is dead following an industrial incident at a Salt Lake City International Airport construction site.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said officers responded to the site around 8:39 a.m. Wednesday after getting reports of a construction worker being injured.
First responders arrived at the scene and confirmed the worker had died.
“The Salt Lake City Department of Airports can confirm that an accident has occurred as part of the construction program,” said airport spokesperson Nancy Volmer. “The site of the incident is in an isolated part of the airport campus and the site is secure. The airport will release more details as available and appropriate.”
The name and age of the worker, along with the employer’s name, have not been released. Police said their investigation is ongoing.
Wednesday evening SoNev Construction released the following statement:
SoNev Construction is deeply saddened by the loss of one of its valued employees. The accident occurred while maintenance was being performed on construction equipment on the Salt Lake City Airport campus. OSHA investigators and safety personnel from SoNev Construction and its management, along with Salt Lake City Airport personnel, have been on the scene and the incident is still under investigation.
Our hearts go out to the employee’s family and to the other employees on site who witnessed this tragedy.
The name of the employee will not be released at this time.
Keith Gilbert, Managing Member
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)