Child, elderly man killed in head-on Provo crash
PROVO, Utah — Two people were killed in a head-on collision between two pickup trucks in Provo, according to police.
The crash happened around 2:30 p.m. Thursday on the 600 block of Lakeview Parkway.
Police said a 31-year-old woman was driving one of the trucks with a 5-year-old passenger when the truck drifted into the shoulder.
Officers said initial evidence suggests the driver may have overcorrected and crossed over the center line, causing the collision with another truck.
One of the trucks caught fire and police said a citizen rushed to extinguish the flames with a fire extinguisher. Emergency crews helped extract a 75-year-old man from a truck, and he was pronounced dead at an area hospital.
Police said the 5-year-old was pronounced dead as well, while the 31-year-old driver was taken to an area hospital. An update on her condition was not immediately available.
Provo police said several people were trapped in the vehicles but firefighters helped get them out.
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 19689)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 7534)
- Three moose take a dip in a North Salt Lake pool (pageviews: 4062)
- Police: Man dead after riding lawn mower falls off terrace (pageviews: 3960)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3749)
- Bodies of 3 missing kids, woman found in Minnesota lake (pageviews: 3586)