Man rescued after becoming stuck near Lisa Falls
SANDY, Utah — Search and rescue crews were called out after a man became stuck while hiking near Lisa Falls in Sandy.
The incident happened around 3 p.m. Friday.
“SLCOSAR was paged out to assist with a male patient that had hiked up the West ridge near Lisa Falls and then had descended down a ledge system thinking it would lead into the falls. The hiker became stuck and didn’t feel comfortable going back up the steep wet rock,” read a Facebook post from the Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue.
The hiker stayed where he was and called for help.
When the three rescue teams arrived, they set up a rope system above the hiker and lowered down a crew member.
A harness and helmet was then placed on the man before he was checked for injuries.
“He was then lowered to the ground and hiked out to the command post at the trailhead,” read the post.
In total, the rescue took approximately three hours.
- ‘Our worst fears': Kidnapped baby, parents, uncle found dead (pageviews: 6449)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6433)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 6050)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 5371)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3347)
- Father, son found dead inside West Jordan home (pageviews: 3137)