Church releases exterior renderings for Provo, Smithfield temples
SALT LAKE CITY — Renderings for the Provo Utah and Smithfield Utah temples have been released by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Provo Utah Temple
Crews broke ground on the Orem Utah Temple last September.
Church officials said closure dates for the Provo Utah Temple will be announced at a later time.
The Provo Utah Temple was announced on Aug. 14, 1967, and dedicated on Feb. 9, 1972.
Smithfield Utah Temple
The Smithfield Utah Temple was announced in April 2021 and Church officials said the three-story, 81,000-square-foot temple will be constructed on a 13.3-acre site at the intersection of 800 West and 100 North.
Utah has 28 temples announced, under construction, under renovation or in operation. In addition to the temple in Smithfield, temples have been announced or are under construction in Ephraim, Heber Valley, Layton, Lindon, Orem, St. George (Red Cliffs), Saratoga Springs, Syracuse, Taylorsville and Tooele (Deseret Peak).
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7248)
- Surveillance video shows moments just before FrontRunner train fatally hits woman (pageviews: 6434)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 5770)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine (pageviews: 3609)
- Murray awards bystanders and workers for saving woman (pageviews: 3453)
- UPDATE: Police finds missing girl, safe and reunited with family (pageviews: 3124)