Nomad Alliance serves Thanksgiving meal to unsheltered Utahns
SALT LAKE CITY — A group of volunteers worked together to serve a sit-down Thanksgiving meal to dozens of homeless Utahns Sunday afternoon.
The Nomad Alliance brought turkey, potatoes, pie, and all the extras.
Sunday’s event was an extra part to the group’s already planned donation of supplies, like clothing, shoes, blankets and more — something they do every two weeks.
“These are just human beings who are going through a really difficult time and it came happen to any one of us. Especially during COVID, people are treated as even more disease, people are afraid of even looking at these beautiful humans, so we want to change that paradigm,” said Kseiya Kniazeva, executive director of Nomad Alliance.
For more information about how you can help the non-profit with their ongoing effort to support Utah’s homeless population, head to their website.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)