Multiple cars shot at, two injured on I-15 in Juab County
NEPHI, Utah — Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol are urging the public to be alert after four cars were shot along Interstate 15 between Nephi and Scipio.
Troopers said the shots were fired along the 40-mile stretch of I-15 around 3:15 a.m. Tuesday. Witnesses described the suspect vehicle as a light-colored SUV, possibly a Jeep Cherokee.
Of the four cars that were shot at, three were traveling southbound while the final car was traveling northbound.
Two people suffered injuries that were not considered life-threatening, and the current whereabouts of the shooter are unknown.
Witnesses reported the suspect vehicle was last seen traveling southbound.
“The public is urged to be alert in the area and report any suspicious activity,” troopers said. “If anyone has information about or witnessed the shooting incident, they are urged to contact the Utah Highway Patrol dispatch at 801-887-3800.”
Until this person is caught, UHP Sgt. Cameron Roden worried someone else may get hurt.
“If they decide they want to alter their travel plans they can, the potential of anything happening, we want them to be aware,” he said. “It’s unknown if people are still out on the freeway, unknown who this individual is so we do want people to be alert.”
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)