Salt Lake County Auditor Scott Tingley resigns
Salt Lake County Auditor Scott Tingley has resigned.
Tingley, who has served as the Salt Lake County Auditor since 2015, turned in his resignation letter on Monday, he told KSL-TV.
He has accepted a new position with the state’s Division of Technology Services as Director of Internal Audit.
“I’m excited,” he said Tuesday. “I’m sad to leave the county. It’s been a wonderful time with the county, but I’m excited for the new position.”
Next year, 2022, would have been the last year of Tingley’s term. He said the Salt Lake County Republican Party will nominate a replacement to serve as the interim county auditor to fulfill the last year of his term.
The Salt Lake County Council will then vote on whether to confirm the party’s nominee.
Tingley’s resignation is effective Dec. 31.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)