Suspect in custody after high-speed chase through Salt Lake County
SANDY, Utah — One person is in custody after leading police on a high-speed chase through parts of Salt Lake County.
Officials with the Unified Police Department said they were dispatched to a reported burglary around 3:40 a.m. at a construction site.
Police chased one of the vehicles that fled the scene, and officers said that car rammed a police vehicle. Utah Department of Transportation cameras captured part of the chase as it passed through Cottonwood Heights on Fort Union Blvd and Highland Drive.
Breaking News: High speed police chase just ended in #Sandy near 9400 S. and 20th East. Police say they responded to a burglary at a construction site and the suspect rammed a patrol car. Officers are still looking for a second vehicle that fled the scene. @KSL5TV #utah #ksltv pic.twitter.com/IwA7C1xZ5F
— Shara Park (@KSLSharaPark) December 1, 2021
The chase ended in Sandy near 9400 South and 2000 East.
Officials said the suspect could face charges of aggravated assault on a police officer and fleeing the scene of a crime. Officers were still looking for a second vehicle from the burglary location as of Wednesday morning.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)