Utah ranked No. 2 most Christmas spirited state
Bring out the mistletoe and put up the tree, Santa Claus is coming to town and Utah was ranked the No. 2 most Christmas Spirited State in America, second only to California, which came in first place.
Musement created the rankings based on a system of Christmas terms that were put into a Google search and then analyzed them by state. The terms included Christmas tree, Santa Claus, Christmas movies, Christmas decorations, gingerbread house, Christmas songs, advent calendar, Christmas lights, Christmas cards and mistletoe.
Known for a warm beachy Christmas, California scored the highest with a 100/100 score, with the most-searched terms being Christmas trees and Christmas decorations.
Meanwhile, Utah was only three behind at 97/100 with mistletoe and Christmas movies being the highest searched terms. With typically freezing temperatures and plenty of snow, skiing and snowboarding draw people to the state for the season.
Maryland came in third with a score of 82/100, a state home to a large, authentic German Christmas market called, “Christmas Village,” which draws large crowds every year.
- Small plane makes emergency landing on I-15 (pageviews: 7907)
- New Zealand sends flight to see damage from Pacific volcano (pageviews: 7777)
- Salt Lake City schools switching to remote learning next week (pageviews: 5948)
- Utahns can't reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis (pageviews: 5948)
- Man arrested for DUI after driving recklessly on U.S. 89 (pageviews: 3814)
- Intermountain Healthcare updates visitation policy for its hospitals, clinics (pageviews: 3705)
- Woman killed in subway shove at Times Square (pageviews: 3323)
- 2 Hunter High football players killed, another injured in shooting; four suspects in custody (pageviews: 3284)
- Utahns can’t reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3170)