Utah ranked No. 2 most Christmas spirited state
Bring out the mistletoe and put up the tree, Santa Claus is coming to town and Utah was ranked the No. 2 most Christmas Spirited State in America, second only to California, which came in first place.
Musement created the rankings based on a system of Christmas terms that were put into a Google search and then analyzed them by state. The terms included Christmas tree, Santa Claus, Christmas movies, Christmas decorations, gingerbread house, Christmas songs, advent calendar, Christmas lights, Christmas cards and mistletoe.
Known for a warm beachy Christmas, California scored the highest with a 100/100 score, with the most-searched terms being Christmas trees and Christmas decorations.
Meanwhile, Utah was only three behind at 97/100 with mistletoe and Christmas movies being the highest searched terms. With typically freezing temperatures and plenty of snow, skiing and snowboarding draw people to the state for the season.
Maryland came in third with a score of 82/100, a state home to a large, authentic German Christmas market called, “Christmas Village,” which draws large crowds every year.
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 24950)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 19408)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 7979)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 6672)
- West Jordan woman killed in crash with truck in Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5715)
- UPDATE: Police found missing man dead (pageviews: 5710)