Man rams two police cars after fleeing a robbery
A man hit a two police cars as he and another suspect fled from burglarizing a construction site Wednesday morning. According to probable cause statements, the driver was identified as 35-year-old Casey Cooper.
Police responded to a construction site being robbed around 3:40 a.m. When they arrived, one suspect vehicle successfully fled the scene. Cooper, the driver of the other vehicle, took a wrong turn in the parking lot and was forced to turn around. Cooper then rammed straight on into one police car, reversed his car, and hit the police car head on once again. Cooper then fled despite the sirens, lights, and commands to stop by police.
Cooper was described as recklessly driving through Midvale, Cottonwood Heights, and Sandy areas as police pursued. At 9400 South Highland Drive, Cooper lost control of the vehicle after driving onto a curb into a grassy area. His car turned a 180, facing him towards the pursuing police car. Cooper then accelerated his vehicle ramming into the police car head on.
Another policeman pinned the door shut on Cooper’s vehicle and police were able to take him into custody. A methamphetamine pipe was found in his vehicle which Cooper confirmed belonged to him, along with a plastic twist of methamphetamine.
The other suspect is still at large.
- Small plane makes emergency landing on I-15 (pageviews: 7907)
- New Zealand sends flight to see damage from Pacific volcano (pageviews: 7777)
- Salt Lake City schools switching to remote learning next week (pageviews: 5948)
- Utahns can't reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis (pageviews: 5948)
- Man arrested for DUI after driving recklessly on U.S. 89 (pageviews: 3814)
- Intermountain Healthcare updates visitation policy for its hospitals, clinics (pageviews: 3705)
- Woman killed in subway shove at Times Square (pageviews: 3323)
- 2 Hunter High football players killed, another injured in shooting; four suspects in custody (pageviews: 3284)
- Utahns can’t reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3170)