Timeline of events for overnight officer-involved shooting in Taylorsville
Dec 2, 2021, 6:29 PM | Updated: 6:31 pm
(Jay Hancock/KSL TV)
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — A timeline of events has been released for a shooting in Taylorsville that left two officers injured and the suspect dead late Wednesday night.
Roxeanne Vainuku, public information officer for the West Valley City Police Department, shared the information with KSL Thursday afternoon.
The timeline is as follows:
- 9:55 p.m. — infant was removed from the suspect’s vehicle
- 10:29 p.m. — officers fire pepper balls at suspect
- 10:30 p.m. — shots fired
- 10:30 p.m. — fire was staged
- 10:33 p.m. — authorities call for second ambulance and LifeFlight helicopter
- 10:49 p.m. — suspect arrived at the hospital
- 11:21 p.m. — suspect pronounced dead
The incident happened at a 7-Eleven parking lot, located on the corner of 4100 South and Redwood Road.
Police said it started as a multi-agency operation to locate 20-year-old Anei Gabriel Joker, who was wanted “for various violent felonies.”
Police located him inside a parked SUV. After a period of time, Joker exited the vehicle and started firing at officers.
Two of the officers involved were shot. The incident remains under investigation.
According to court records, Joker was shot by police four years prior.