I-80 closing Saturday night for work on new bridge
SALT LAKE CITY — Interstate 80 will be closed in both directions from 700 East to Foothill Drive as teams work to place beams for the new 1700 East bridge.
According to the Utah Department of Transportation, the construction will begin Saturday night, Dec. 4, and into the morning of Dec. 5.
Closures will be as follows:
- Westbound I-80: 10 p.m. — 10 a.m.
- Eastbound I-80: 10p.m. — 11 a.m.
Lane closures will begin at 7 p.m. and drivers trying to access eastbound I-80 from I-15 will need to exit at 700 East.
UDOT is encouraging people to find an alternate route as shown in the map below.
Reminder! I-80 will be closed overnight in both directions starting Saturday night, 12/4, into Sunday
morning, 12/5, btwn 700 E and Foothill Dr in SLC. WB I-80 will be closed from 10 pm-10 am. EB I-80 will
be closed from 10 pm-11 am. Visit https://t.co/h12MEqP9Se for details. pic.twitter.com/mGQJOK0B5Y
— UDOT Region Two (@UDOTRegionTwo) December 3, 2021
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)