Chad and Lori Daybell trial date set
After a lengthy process, the Chad and Lori Daybell trial date was decided Thursday. The trial is set to begin in January 2023 in Boise, Idaho.
District Judge Steven Boyce, prosecutors and defense attorneys gathered Thursday to discuss two topics in regard to the Daybell case, including the scheduling of the trial and a motion hearing.
A livestream of the meeting can be found here.
The trial will be held at Ada County Courthouse and is anticipated to last 10 weeks.
The Daybell couple encounters multiple charges on the deaths of their children, JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan, including first-degree murder.
A mental health professional determined Lori Daybell was not competent to stand trial in her defense in June. She has been in the care of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare since that time. The details of her commitment have been sealed by Judge Boyce and are not available to the public.
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen (pageviews: 28039)
- 17-year-old boy died by suicide hours after being 'sextorted' (pageviews: 23205)
- Man dead, teen flown to hospital in attempted killing and suicide (pageviews: 13783)
- Woman fatally shot in Pleasant Grove; police say her son is now in custody (pageviews: 13358)
- Friends remember mom, tattoo artist shot and killed in Pleasant Grove (pageviews: 10487)
- Springville High softball team honors teen shot in murder-suicide scenario (pageviews: 9814)
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8545)