Paraglider recovering after crash at Point of the Mountain
LEHI, Utah — A paraglider is recovering after he crashed Saturday morning at the Point of the Mountain.
Lehi Fire Battalion Chief Kim Beck told KSL the pilot got tangled up in his harness and dropped about 50 feet to the ground, landing on his shoulders.
He was initially unconscious, but did eventually regain consciousness.
The pilot was then flown to the hospital in a medical helicopter.
Beck said they’re not exactly sure what happened, but he told KSL, “The winds up here are very erratic, and so, it happens from time to time.”
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 24950)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 19408)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 7979)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 6672)
- West Jordan woman killed in crash with truck in Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5715)
- UPDATE: Police found missing man dead (pageviews: 5710)