One injured after road-rage shooting on SR 201
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — State troopers are searching for a suspect who fired several shots at a car following a road rage incident on state Route 201, injuring one person.
Trooper Colten Freckleton with the Utah Highway Patrol said shots were fired late Sunday night near 3200 West.
An older model Jeep Cherokee and red Chrysler L300 were traveling eastbound on the highway when the cars sideswiped one another. Troopers said they were looking into who caused the collision.
The driver of the L300 was struck in the arm by shrapnel after an occupant in the Jeep fired six shots at the Chrysler, according to Freckleton. An update on the victim’s condition was not immediately available.
Troopers are searching for the Jeep, which Freckleton said might have some driver-side damage. Anyone with information was asked to contact UHP.
“We’ve been seeing a lot of these popping up lately, it seems like,” Freckleton said. “It feels like a weekly occurrence.”
Last week, shots were fired at four cars along Interstate 15 in Juab County. Two people were injured in those shootings.
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)