Day care closed for meth contamination after child pornography charges
SANDY, Utah — A day care in Sandy has been closed by the Salt Lake County Health Department after a search revealed methamphetamine contamination, after two of its employees faced child pornography charges.
“It’s a nice, quiet, or used to be a nice, quiet neighborhood. It’s getting a little more crazier,” said neighbor John Egbert. “But neighbors I’ve spoken to are highly concerned and we have been over the last few years because of the activity at that residence.”
According to Egbert, this wasn’t the first time police have been the residence and he has seen drug activity there before. However, despite this history and their previous charges, the daycare was never shut down.
“Why was it still operating? Why didn’t the state step in and do something about the licensing?” Egbert said.
The Utah Attorney General’s office confirmed they served a search warrant this morning but wouldn’t give details.
Sgt. Clay Swenson with Sandy Police Dept. confirmed they helped serve the search warrant this morning at the at-home daycare as part of the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. According to Swenson, the search warrant was pursuant to an investigation involving child pornography.
“Officers served that warrant, detained the people and collected evidence in conjunction with that warrant,” Sgt. Swenson said. “As they were searching the home for that evidence they discovered drugs, at that point we contacted the health department.”
- Small plane makes emergency landing on I-15 (pageviews: 7907)
- New Zealand sends flight to see damage from Pacific volcano (pageviews: 7777)
- Salt Lake City schools switching to remote learning next week (pageviews: 5948)
- Utahns can't reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis (pageviews: 5948)
- Man arrested for DUI after driving recklessly on U.S. 89 (pageviews: 3814)
- Intermountain Healthcare updates visitation policy for its hospitals, clinics (pageviews: 3705)
- Woman killed in subway shove at Times Square (pageviews: 3323)
- 2 Hunter High football players killed, another injured in shooting; four suspects in custody (pageviews: 3284)
- Utahns can’t reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3170)