Man hospitalized after being stabbed by ex-girlfriend, police say
WASHINGTON, Utah — Police say a man was hospitalized after he told officers his ex-girlfriend stabbed him after seeing him with his new girlfriend.
Lauren Loper, 35, was booked into the Washington County Jail Monday afternoon on felony charges of aggravated assault and a misdemeanor charge of possessing a controlled substance.
According to court documents, the man and his current girlfriend were outside with their dog when Loper drove by and noticed the two.
The victim told police loper exited her vehicle and started to yell at him and his girlfriend before she returned to her car and grabbed a knife.
After agreeing to waive her rights, officers said Loper told them she saw the victim and his girlfriend and that his girlfriend “started to talk disrespectfully to her.”
The victim’s girlfriend told police she “asked (Loper) if she could help her” before Loper got out of her car.
Loper told police the victim started to push her back to her car before she went to her trunk and grabbed a knife, which, according to the St. George News, was allegedly a 12-inch hunting knife.
According to court documents, the victim said Loper started to run at his girlfriend with the knife, and he intervened before Loper could reach her.
Loper then stabbed the victim in the arm, according to police, before she got back into her car and drove away.
The victim was taken to an area hospital with “a large amount of blood coming from his arm,” according to police. He underwent surgery for his injury and an update on his condition was not immediately available.
Officers said Loper was located a short time later, and police found a knife in her car, along with “some green leafy substance that had the appearance and odor of fresh marijuana.”
Domestic violence resources
If you know someone who is going through abuse, the Utah Domestic Violence Coalition operates a confidential statewide, 24-hour domestic abuse hotline at 1-800-897-LINK (5465).
Resources are also available online at the Utah Domestic Violence Coalition website.
- Small plane makes emergency landing on I-15 (pageviews: 7907)
- New Zealand sends flight to see damage from Pacific volcano (pageviews: 7777)
- Salt Lake City schools switching to remote learning next week (pageviews: 5948)
- Utahns can't reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis (pageviews: 5948)
- Man arrested for DUI after driving recklessly on U.S. 89 (pageviews: 3814)
- Intermountain Healthcare updates visitation policy for its hospitals, clinics (pageviews: 3705)
- Woman killed in subway shove at Times Square (pageviews: 3323)
- 2 Hunter High football players killed, another injured in shooting; four suspects in custody (pageviews: 3284)
- Utahns can’t reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3170)