Officers recover many dangerous weapons in DUI arrest
SALT LAKE CITY — Police officers discovered multiple dangerous and illegal weapons following the arrest of a man accused of driving under the influence Monday. The driver was identified as 26-year-old Onkar Singh.
Officers responded to a possible road rage incident just after 6:10 a.m. on Monday in the area of 1400 South 300 West. The vehicle was located and officers mad an attempt to stop the Singh. When Singh did not comply and continued to drive recklessly, officers did not pursue him.
Later on, police located the car, still occupied by Singh in a parking lot at 1200 South 900 West where they were able to safely take Singh into custody.
Singh was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence. During the investigation, multiple weapons were located in Singh’s vehicle including a loaded handgun with the serial number shaved off, two batons, multiple knives, a sword, a knife with brass knuckles, and two sai daggers.
Singh was taken to the Salt Lake County Metro Jail where he will face charges of Driving Under the Influence, Obstruction of Justice, Failure to Stop at the Command of a Police Officer, Failure to Respond to Officer’s Signal to Stop, Disorderly Conduct, Altered Number on Pistol, Possession of a Firearm by a Restricted Person, eight counts of Possession of a Dangerous Weapon, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, and Reckless Driving.
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 15140)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 14902)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14198)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 9037)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 8110)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6625)