Utah’s biggest Gofundme’s of 2021
As we enter the season of giving, Gofundme reports Utah’s most charitable Gofundme fundraisers of the year. Gofundme, a crowdfunding website has risen in popularity over the last several years becoming essential to donations and causes around the world.
Here are Utah’s top three fundraisers of the year:
- Donations for Mason and Keshia Sawyer Family
The Sawyer family lost multiple loved ones in a tragic I-15 pileup on July 25, 2021. After a blackout sandstorm, there was a 22 car pileup in Millard County resulting in 8 fatalities. This Gofundme was for two families: one that lost Kortni, (mother) Riggins, (son) and Franki, (daughter) survived by Mason, (father) and Blue, (son). The other family lost Mason’s brother, Race, (father) and Rider, (son) survived by Keisha, (mother), Faith, (daughter) and Ran, (son).
- Millard County- Rick and Mari Lorenzon Family Fund
The Lorenzon family was also affected by the I-15 Millard County crash of July 25. Rick and Mari, parents to four girls, passed away in the 22 car pileup.
- Stand For Izzy
Izzy Tichenor was a 10-year-old girl who died by suicide after her parents report she was bullied. Her death sparked a call for change within schools and within the state for more tolerance, love, and understanding.
Globally, one donation was made every second on Gofundme in 2021. Ireland was reported to be the most generous country per capita for the third year in a row.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)