UHP troopers collect food for the Utah Food Bank
SALT LAKE CITY — It was an eventful Saturday for officers across the state.
Troopers with the Utah Highway Patrol spent part of the day collecting food for the Utah Food Bank.
They were outside of the Smith’s off of 4500 South in Salt Lake City, saying hello to everyone and participating in a good cause.
Correction on the Smith's location 4500 S. and 800 E.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) December 11, 2021
Several local law enforcement agencies also participated in the annual “Shop with a Cop” or “Shop with a Hero” event.
At the Salt Lake City Police Department’s “Pay It Forward” event, which was hosted by Walmart, officers helped 55 students in Salt Lake City schools have a Merry Christmas.
“Each child, selected by the school district, gave our department a Christmas wish list. Then, our officers, community outreach team and professional staff spent all week buying the gifts and getting set for today,” read a Facebook post from the department.
Police said each child got $200 in gifts.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)