Man rescued after slipping, falling while hunting in Weber County
WEBER COUNTY, Utah — Search and rescue crews were called out Saturday afternoon for a hunter who was stuck in Weber County.
The incident happened around 3 p.m. in the foothills above 9th Street.
Officials with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue said a 32-year-old man was hunting in the area with his two dogs “when he slipped about 30 to 40 feet into the bottom of a narrow ravine.”
He couldn’t climb out due to the snow and ice, so he called for help.
“Many team members responded, including three climb teams that had to rappel into the ravine to get the man out,” a Facebook post stated.
Fortunately, the hunter did not sustain any injuries.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)
- Man arrested for domestic violence after victim calls police under guise to 'order a pizza' (pageviews: 3431)