Man rescued after slipping, falling while hunting in Weber County
WEBER COUNTY, Utah — Search and rescue crews were called out Saturday afternoon for a hunter who was stuck in Weber County.
The incident happened around 3 p.m. in the foothills above 9th Street.
Officials with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue said a 32-year-old man was hunting in the area with his two dogs “when he slipped about 30 to 40 feet into the bottom of a narrow ravine.”
He couldn’t climb out due to the snow and ice, so he called for help.
“Many team members responded, including three climb teams that had to rappel into the ravine to get the man out,” a Facebook post stated.
Fortunately, the hunter did not sustain any injuries.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)