One injured in shooting near Salt Lake City nightclub
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are investigating a shooting that left one person injured near a nightclub in downtown Salt Lake City.
The incident happened in the area of 130 West and Pierpoint Avenue around 2 a.m. Sunday.
Brent Weisberg, spokesperson for the Salt Lake City Police Department, said officers arrived on scene and found one person with a gunshot wound.
That individual was an employee of Club Echo.
Fortunately, the wound was non-life-threatening and he was treated then released on scene.
“At this point, based on our investigation, we’ve learned that there was a fight that led up to this incident and that resulted in a shooting,” Weisberg said, adding that he did not know whether the shooting occurred inside or outside the building.
One person has been arrested, according to Weisberg. He said that person was not the alleged shooter, but was connected to the initial fight.
Anyone with information has been asked to contact the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-3000.
“We believe that there are people who likely have information regarding this shooting who may have left the area when the shooting happened, and we’d be interested in anyone who has information to contact our police detectives so we can bring justice in this case,” Weisberg said.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)