Man passes away from injuries sustained in auto-pedestrian crash
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A 60-year-old man has died after police say he was struck by a car while crossing the street in St. George.
The incident happened near 1600 West and Sunset Boulevard around 6:45 p.m. Wednesday.
Officials with the St. George Police Department said Michael Lynn Dalton was crossing northbound on Sunset Boulevard when he was hit in the middle of the block by an SUV.
Shortly after emergency personnel arrived on scene, Dalton was transported to St. George Regional Hospital with significant injuries. Police say the 60-year-old passed away from his injuries two days later.
The St. George Police Department Accident Reconstruction Team is currently investigating the crash.
According to a press release from the city’s police department, the driver involved in the crash, identified as a 40-year-old man, stayed on scene and cooperated with officers.
“Any charges, if applicable, are pending the completion of the investigation,” stated the press release.
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 7381)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 7141)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6358)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 6125)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 5376)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3050)