YWCA holiday event brings holiday cheer to many
SALT LAKE CITY — YWCA Utah’s aonnual “Candy Cane Lane” is under way. The special holiday gifting event runs from Dec. 14-18 from 2-6 p.m. The pop-up store, located downtown at 322 East 300 South, benefits families living on campus at the domestic violence crisis center and transitional housing.
One dozen local businesses have joined donors with new, in-kind donations totaling nearly $100,000. Funds raised will provide the more than 250 women and children living at the YWCA Utah with some winter essentials. Besides coats, gloves, hats, socks and underwear, holiday gifts like family game night baskets, new toys and even treats for pets will be given out.
Additional details include a $50 gift certificate for each family, one large toy and two small toys for every child and stockings filled with “goodies for all.” A Sub-for-Santa approach is being utilized with families writing out wish lists for shoppers to fill from donated items.
Approximately 5,000 items will be staged at the pop-up store. For those unable to make it in person, Facebook and Instagram options are also available at YWCA Utah.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)