YWCA holiday event brings holiday cheer to many
SALT LAKE CITY — YWCA Utah’s aonnual “Candy Cane Lane” is under way. The special holiday gifting event runs from Dec. 14-18 from 2-6 p.m. The pop-up store, located downtown at 322 East 300 South, benefits families living on campus at the domestic violence crisis center and transitional housing.
One dozen local businesses have joined donors with new, in-kind donations totaling nearly $100,000. Funds raised will provide the more than 250 women and children living at the YWCA Utah with some winter essentials. Besides coats, gloves, hats, socks and underwear, holiday gifts like family game night baskets, new toys and even treats for pets will be given out.
Additional details include a $50 gift certificate for each family, one large toy and two small toys for every child and stockings filled with “goodies for all.” A Sub-for-Santa approach is being utilized with families writing out wish lists for shoppers to fill from donated items.
Approximately 5,000 items will be staged at the pop-up store. For those unable to make it in person, Facebook and Instagram options are also available at YWCA Utah.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 21408)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 14286)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6417)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 5704)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4791)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 3806)