One person stabbed during argument inside bathroom
SALT LAKE CITY — One person was taken to the hospital after they were stabbed during an argument inside the Flying J Travel Center in Salt Lake City.
The incident happened just before 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
Lt. Brandon Hansen with the Salt Lake City Police Department said it all started as an argument between the staff at the Denny’s, which is located inside the Flying J, and an unknown suspect.
At some point during the argument, the suspect went into the bathroom. Another person that was inside the bathroom exchanged words with the suspect, according to Hansen, and was stabbed in the stomach.
The victim was transported to an area hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, while the suspect took off in an unknown vehicle in an unknown direction.
At this time, the suspect is described as a 50-year-old white man, about 5 feet 5 inches tall, with a thin build. He’s also said to be wearing light pants.
Hansen said the suspect and victim do not appear to know each other.
The incident remains under investigation.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 12077)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 8131)
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 6707)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 4895)
- 'Laverne & Shirley' actor Cindy Williams dies at 75 (pageviews: 3897)