UTA Free Fare Days coming up Tuesday, Wednesday
SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah Legislature made it possible for people to bum a free ride for the next two days on all UTA bus and rail services.
The Legislature funded the Free Fare for Clean Air days to increase awareness and get people to use mass transit to cut down on bad air quality days.
Free fares are also available on Ski Bus, paratransit, the Park City-SLC Connect, and UTA’s On Demand microtransit service in southwestern Salt Lake County and in Salt Lake City’s Westside UTA said.
In addition, you can get a special promo code for free service with GREENBIKE.
The Wasatch Front is expected to see some unhealthy air quality days early this week until another storm sweeps in and clears the air.
You can check the KSL Air Quality Network for a daily look at our air status.
UTA said the first Free Fair for Clean Air days in August saw a 5% increase in bus usage and a 12% increase in people who rode the FrontRunner.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)