Man accused of kidnapping Snow College student had a warrant for his arrest
Brent Brown, the man accused of kidnapping and sexually assaulting a Snow College student had a warrant issued for his arrest in 2018.
In 2017 he was charged with witness tampering in Box Elder County, a third degree felony. A judge issued a warrant after he failed to appear in court in 2018 and the court issued a “no bail bench order.”
In 2001 Brown plead guilty to simple assault, a class B misdemeanor, in Duchesne County Justice Court. According to court records the assault occurred at Altamont LDS Church but there are limited details since the case predates the new digital filing system used.
However, despite the warrant, Brown was never taken into custody….until now.
Brown was arrested Saturday for alleged kidnapping , obstruction of justice, and sexual assault of a Snow College student and holding them captive for five days in his home in a coal storage area.
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 12623)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 8243)
- Netflix’s ‘Falling for Christmas’ filmed at these charming Utah locations - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6214)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as ‘the life of the party’ - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5376)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 5319)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4730)