Child drowns after falling through ice at Gunnison Bend Reservoir
A 10-year-old boy died after falling through the ice at Gunnison Bend Reservoir Monday.
The Millard County Sheriff’s Office reported that deputies, EMS, and other Rescue Personnel responded to the Gunnison Bend Reservoir just west of Delta to rescue the boy. CPR was given on scene and continued at the Delta Community Medical Center. The boy was then life-flighted to Primary Children’s Hospital for advanced treatment when he passed away.
According to a facebook post from Millard County Chronicle Progress, the family had been visiting Millard County for the holidays when the event occurred and his family made the decision to donate the boy’s organs.
A statement from Millard County Sheriff’s Office said, “Our condolences go out to the family during this extremely difficult time of loss. Out of respect for the family, no names will be released.”
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12401)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 10261)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5940)
- Live (pageviews: 4921)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4393)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4001)