Body found in car in ditch off Bangerter Highway identified as missing SLC woman
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — Family members say a body that was found in a car inside a ditch that runs along Bangerter Highway is that of Valerie Gardner, who was reported missing last month.
Wednesday, just after noon, UHP confirmed that Gardner was the victim of the crash. Police responded to the area of state Route 201 and Bangerter Highway Tuesday evening after the car was located by a passerby.
Previously, Lt. Jalaine Hawks with UHP said they found “quite a bit of snow” on the car.
“The vehicle went off the road down into a ditch and it appears like it has been there for a while, we don’t know how long,” UHP Sgt. Cameron Roden said when the vehicle was discovered Tuesday night.
Gardner, 46, was reported missing on Nov. 30. Family members said she worked in West Valley City and lived in Salt Lake City.
In a Facebook post the family announced Gardner’s passing with a broken heart. They also thanked those who supported the family and made efforts to find her.
“Valerie’s sister Becky and her husband Paul rushed to the scene as soon as they were informed, and were there when the Highway Patrol confirmed the tragic news,” the social post said.
The family said little information is currently available and said it expected more will be shared with them.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)