Oak City boil order lifted
UPDATE: Oak City officials said a boil order that was issued last week due to E. coli contamination has been lifted.
Authorities said a second water test came back negative for the bacteria, and water from Cold Water Spring will not be used in the city’s system while officials investigate the cause of the E. coli contamination.
Health officials suggested residents empty any ice that might have been made with the water from this past Tuesday or before.
Original story continues below.
OAK CITY, Utah — Residents in Oak City have been told to boil their water before drinking after a routine test of the water system came back positive for E. coli.
“Another sample was taken and it was determined that the water supply from one of our springs failed the test. Now that the source is known, that source has been removed from our drinking water system, but we have been issued a water boil order from the health department until further testing shows that the water passes the tests,” read a Facebook post Thursday from the city.
City officials went on to say that the system “is already improving” from when they were first notified.
“We hope to have the order lifted by the first of the week,” the post continued.
A document was attached to the Facebook post, sharing some helpful information about boil orders.
In it, the document states, “Bring all water to a boil, let it boil for five minutes, and let it cool before using, or use bottled water. Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, and food preparation until further notice.”
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)