Young missionary dies while serving in the Ivory Coast
SALT LAKE CITY — A 24-year-old man has died while serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Ivory Coast.
According to a statement Thursday from Church spokesperson Sam Penrod, Elder Tshiama Anaclet Tshiama from Luputa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, “passed away unexpectedly” on Sunday, Dec. 19.
He was serving in the Cote d’Ivoire Abidjan East Mission at the time of his passing.
“Shortly after awaking in the morning, he was found unresponsive by his companion,” read the statement.
He was then transported to a hospital where he passed away.
A cause of death remains unknown, according to Penrod.
“Preliminary reports suggest it is the result of an undiagnosed medical condition.”
Penrod expressed deep sadness of the young missionary’s passing on behalf of the Church.
“We send our love to Elder Tshiama’s family and to all those who served alongside him during his missionary service and pray they will feel the peace of the Savior’s love during this difficult time.”
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen (pageviews: 28039)
- 17-year-old boy died by suicide hours after being 'sextorted' (pageviews: 23205)
- Man dead, teen flown to hospital in attempted killing and suicide (pageviews: 13783)
- Woman fatally shot in Pleasant Grove; police say her son is now in custody (pageviews: 13358)
- Friends remember mom, tattoo artist shot and killed in Pleasant Grove (pageviews: 10487)
- Springville High softball team honors teen shot in murder-suicide scenario (pageviews: 9814)
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8545)