Snow Squall warning issued for Northern Utah
SALT LAKE CITY – The National Weather Service issued a snow squall warning for most of Northern Utah.
The warning was extended to 6:45 pm.
KSL TV Meteorologist Kristen Van Dyke said the storm will push through Salt Lake County and into Utah County with heavy snow expected until 7 p.m. or later.
The snow squall is nearly in the SL Valley now. Expect strong winds, heavy snow and little to no visibility to develop across the Wasatch Front northward to the Utah/Idaho border through the next 30 minutes. #utwx
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) December 26, 2021
The warning started for the areas from Bountiful to Draper when the Weather Service first issued it but now it goes further south past Spanish Fork.
It was moving quickly.
A snow squall warning is in effect until 6:45 PM MST for I-80, US-40 near Park City, UT; I-15, US-189, US-89 near Provo–Orem, UT; I-215, I-15, US-89 near Salt Lake City–West Valley City, UT and I-80 near Summit Park, UT. pic.twitter.com/oM1BwALz8D
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) December 28, 2021
A snow squall warning basically means to expect a large amount of snow in a short amount of time with high winds.
Visibility could be severely reduced during the warning.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 21408)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 14286)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6417)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 5704)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4791)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 3806)