Snow Squall warning issued for Northern Utah
SALT LAKE CITY – The National Weather Service issued a snow squall warning for most of Northern Utah.
The warning was extended to 6:45 pm.
KSL TV Meteorologist Kristen Van Dyke said the storm will push through Salt Lake County and into Utah County with heavy snow expected until 7 p.m. or later.
The snow squall is nearly in the SL Valley now. Expect strong winds, heavy snow and little to no visibility to develop across the Wasatch Front northward to the Utah/Idaho border through the next 30 minutes. #utwx
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) December 26, 2021
The warning started for the areas from Bountiful to Draper when the Weather Service first issued it but now it goes further south past Spanish Fork.
It was moving quickly.
A snow squall warning is in effect until 6:45 PM MST for I-80, US-40 near Park City, UT; I-15, US-189, US-89 near Provo–Orem, UT; I-215, I-15, US-89 near Salt Lake City–West Valley City, UT and I-80 near Summit Park, UT. pic.twitter.com/oM1BwALz8D
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) December 28, 2021
A snow squall warning basically means to expect a large amount of snow in a short amount of time with high winds.
Visibility could be severely reduced during the warning.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)