UHP has some requests for drivers as storms, holiday weekend approaches
SALT LAKE CITY — As more winter storms approach and New Year’s Eve draws near, the Utah Highway Patrol is requesting some assistance from drivers. The UHP posted five requests on social media Thursday.
The list includes:
1. “Please SLOW DOWN out there.”
2. “If you get in a crash and can move it off please do so. It’s safer for you and us!”
3. ‘If you can’t move said crash, stay in your car with your seat belt on.”
4. “Since you are already going slower because of the weather conditions this one SHOULD be easy, slow down and move over for all first responders and tow operators.”
5. “Special New Years request: DON’T DRIVE IMPAIRED, we are not the Uber you are looking for.”
Following the requests, the UHP wished everyone a safe New Year’s weekend and expressed hope for less crashes over the coming storms than in the most recent one.
We have a few requests for this next snow storm that’s about to hit.
– Please slow down.
– If you crash please move off to the next exit if you can, its safer for you and us.
– If you can’t move it off, stay in your car with your seat belt on. pic.twitter.com/o7UIbZcKt3
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) December 30, 2021
— KSL Weather (@kslweather) December 30, 2021
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8296)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 5701)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4813)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3465)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3004)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2451)