Magna Elementary temporarily evacuated due to concern over gas meter
MAGNA, Utah — All students and staff at Magna Elementary were told to evacuate Monday after a “potential concern” was raised over the school’s gas meter.
An alert was sent out on social media by the Granite School District around 2:30 p.m.
“We have identified a potential concern with the gas meter at our school. As a result, we have been requested to evacuate the building as a precautionary measure to ensure student and staff safety,” the alert stated.
PATRON ALERT pic.twitter.com/lDyoNHPHaF
— Granite School Dist. (@GraniteSchools) January 3, 2022
School officials went on to say that an evacuation plan was in place and that students were making their way to Brockbank Junior.
While maintenance and emergency personnel assessed the problem, Magna Elementary students waited in the Brockbank Junior’s gymnasium and auditorium.
Just after 3 p.m., the Granite School District said emergency officials cleared the building, adding that students were returning to campus.
“The students did a great job with this evaluation and we are pleased that everything proceeded in accordance with our plans. We appreciate everyone’s patience and support as we work to keep our students safe,” the update read, in part.
School was let out at its normal release time Monday.
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen (pageviews: 28039)
- 17-year-old boy died by suicide hours after being 'sextorted' (pageviews: 23205)
- Man dead, teen flown to hospital in attempted killing and suicide (pageviews: 13783)
- Woman fatally shot in Pleasant Grove; police say her son is now in custody (pageviews: 13358)
- Friends remember mom, tattoo artist shot and killed in Pleasant Grove (pageviews: 10487)
- Springville High softball team honors teen shot in murder-suicide scenario (pageviews: 9814)
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8545)