St. George Half Marathon celebrates 40 years
ST. GEORGE, Utah — The St. George Half Marathon is returning to southern Utah for its 40th year.
The 13.1-mile race is scheduled to take place Saturday, Jan. 15, beginning at 9 a.m.
“While it is impossible to predict temperatures too far in advance, the typical high for St. George in the middle of January is in the mid-50s — perfect running weather,” said Aaron Metler, recreation manager for races and events.
Shorter races will also be held, including a 5-kilometer, the Fun Run Walk n’ Roll, a 1-mile, a 1/2 mile and a 200 meter.
According to Metler, the half marathon typically attracts about 80 percent of its competitors from outside southern Utah, including a significant number from the Wasatch Front.
“We are excited to have our community members mix with out-of-town visitors to create a memorable experience,” he added. “The St. George Half provides an opportunity to warm up in the middle of the winter while enjoying invigorating views along the Virgin River trail.”
The race expo, which is set for Jan. 14 from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Dixie Center, will kick off the event.
“There will be food, vendors and members of the health and fitness industry on site. Race participants will pick up their race packets and there will be an opportunity for late registration,” the press release stated.
Additional information about the race can be found on the city’s website.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)