One person hit, killed by car in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are investigating after a man was hit and killed by a car Tuesday night in Salt Lake City.
The incident happened around 7:30 p.m. near 1460 South and State Street.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said when officers arrived on scene, they found the victim in the roadway and immediately started life-saving measures.
Unfortunately, the man was pronounced dead on scene.
“Based on the preliminary investigation, the driver of a small commercial-style van traveling southbound on State Street struck a pedestrian who appeared to be attempting to cross South State Street,” read a press release from the department.
We are investigating a fatal van vs. pedestrian crash at 1460 South State Street.
Southbound State Street is closed from 1300 South to Cleveland Avenue.
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) January 5, 2022
Police said the driver remained on scene and is cooperating with the investigation.
“There are no immediate signs of impairment involving the driver, but a full forensic investigation is underway,” the release stated.
South State Street is expected to remain closed from 1300 South to Cleveland Avenue for several hours, according to police.
The victim’s identity has not been released, pending notification of family.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)