Utah Dept. of Health adjusts testing site protocols after locations swamped by demand
SALT LAKE CITY — Utahns looking for a COVID-19 test from a state-sponsored site will have to get an appointment for certain sites and arrive at least one hour before closing time, according to new adjustments from the Utah Department of Health.
UDOH officials also said state-sponsored sites “will no longer provide testing for people who need a test to attend events, or for people who need regular testing for their work.”
“Anyone needing testing for these reasons should visit this website and search for non-state sponsored testing locations or work directly with the event or their employer to identify other testing options,” UDOH said.
The changes are being made to help reduce wait times, which have stretched into the hours at some locations.
- Cannon Health Building (including traveler testing)
- Timpanogos Regional Hospital (Orem)
- West Jordan
Appointments can be made at TestUtah.com.
UDOH officials have also modified closing time procedures at all of its locations and said anyone seeking a test must arrive at least one hour prior to a site’s publicized closing times in order to be tested.
3/ At all other sites, you will need to arrive ONE HOUR prior to closing time in order to be tested. People arriving later than that will be provided with home test kits (if available) or asked to return the following day.
— Utah Dept. of Health (@UtahDepOfHealth) January 7, 2022
Anyone who arrives after this time will be offered an at-home test kit, if available, or they will have to return another day.
“Anyone seeking testing should be prepared for long lines right now,” UDOH officials said. “It’s possible your wait could be from 30 minutes to four hours. We ask you to be patient and respectful of one another and our staff. If you are symptomatic and choose not to be tested, we recommend you stay home and away from others for five days after your symptoms started and you no longer have symptoms.”
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)