Police investigating armed robbery, kidnapping at SLC convenience store
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are searching for a man who they say robbed a Salt Lake City convenience store while armed and briefly held a customer hostage Sunday afternoon.
The incident occurred at a Walgreens, located at 531 East 400 South, around 1:45 p.m.
Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said multiple officers were called out to the area to investigate. They secured the building and began to search for the suspect, but were unsuccessful in locating him.
“During their investigation, officers learned the suspect briefly held a customer at knifepoint and demanded cash from a store employee,” read a press release from the Salt Lake City Police Department.
We are looking for the suspect in a convenience store armed robbery that involved a store customer briefly being held hostage.
We will work with the victim to offer victim advocacy and support.
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) January 9, 2022
Police said the suspect took off after the store employee handed over “an undisclosed amount of cash.”
The suspect is described as a white man in his late 30s, early 40s. He is 5 feet 6 inches tall, with a light build, and was described by witnesses as wearing a blue mask, a red t-shirt with black long sleeves underneath and blue jeans.
“The person held hostage did not suffer any physical injuries. The SLCPD is working with the victim to offer victim advocacy and support,” the press release stated.
Anyone with information has been asked to call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-5124.
No pictures or video of the suspect was immediately available.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)