Years after death, Utah police make arrest for infant murder
ROY, Utah — Police arrested and booked a man on suspicion of aggravated murder in the death of a 14-month-old baby.
The Roy City Police Department said officers were first called to a home near 5000 South and 3100 West in Roy, Utah, on Oct. 10, 2016, on a medical call for baby Genesis McCall and an investigation determined the death was a child abuse homicide. It has now arrested Jordan Sasaki on suspicion for the child’s killing.
“At the time of the initial investigation there was not enough evidence for criminal charges,” Roy police said in a release. It said its investigations unit worked tirelessly and established probable cause for the arrest of Sasaki for the aggravated murder of the baby Genesis.
U.S. Marshalls assisted Roy police in executing an arrest warrant for Sasaki, who has been booked into Weber County’s correctional facility. He was arrested for one count each of aggravated murder and obstruction of justice.
- Small plane makes emergency landing on I-15 (pageviews: 7907)
- New Zealand sends flight to see damage from Pacific volcano (pageviews: 7777)
- Salt Lake City schools switching to remote learning next week (pageviews: 5948)
- Utahns can't reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis (pageviews: 5948)
- Man arrested for DUI after driving recklessly on U.S. 89 (pageviews: 3814)
- Intermountain Healthcare updates visitation policy for its hospitals, clinics (pageviews: 3705)
- Woman killed in subway shove at Times Square (pageviews: 3323)
- 2 Hunter High football players killed, another injured in shooting; four suspects in custody (pageviews: 3284)
- Utahns can’t reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3170)