SLC police arrest two women accused of stealing $250K worth of TVs
SALT LAKE CITY — Officials with the Salt Lake City Police Department said two women have been arrested in connection to the theft of over 100 commercial-grade televisions.
Officers responded to a storage facility located near 5200 West and 1500 South on Monday on reports of a burglary.
Investigators say they learned over 100 TVs, valued at approximately $250,000, were stolen from the facility.
During their investigation, detectives said the two women, Krystal Craig and Emelie Rook, both 36, attempted to sell some of the TVs online.
Some of the TVs have been recovered, but police said most were still outstanding as of Thursday.
“These TVs are easily identified because they are labeled as ‘hospitality, commercial-grade,'” police said.
Both Craig and Rook were booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on charges of theft by deception and theft by receiving stolen property.
Anyone with information on this case should call 801-799-3000 and reference case No. 22-5567.
Police added individuals who knowingly purchase or receive stolen property can be arrested and charged with felony-related charges.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)