Semi-truck rollover blocks five lanes on I-15
MURRAY, Utah — A semi-truck overturned on Interstate 15 Friday afternoon, blocking several lanes of traffic in Murray and causing major delays in the southbound direction.
The five right lanes were closed for several hours near 4100 South due to the crash.
Officials with the Utah Highway Patrol reported minor injuries to those involved.
UHP told KSL they believe the semi possibly blew a tire, struck the wall, and overturned.
Update: Troopers on scene are reporting minor injuries. Several lanes will be closed for an estimated 4-5 hours while the crash is cleaned up. https://t.co/zLUOnJSJzW
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) January 14, 2022
Around 8:15 p.m., troopers said the crash had been cleared and all lanes of traffic reopened.
The crash has been cleared and all lanes have been reopened. https://t.co/zLUOnJSJzW
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) January 15, 2022
The crash is under investigation.
- Small plane makes emergency landing on I-15 (pageviews: 7907)
- New Zealand sends flight to see damage from Pacific volcano (pageviews: 7777)
- Salt Lake City schools switching to remote learning next week (pageviews: 5948)
- Utahns can't reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis (pageviews: 5948)
- Man arrested for DUI after driving recklessly on U.S. 89 (pageviews: 3814)
- Intermountain Healthcare updates visitation policy for its hospitals, clinics (pageviews: 3705)
- Woman killed in subway shove at Times Square (pageviews: 3323)
- 2 Hunter High football players killed, another injured in shooting; four suspects in custody (pageviews: 3284)
- Utahns can’t reach family members in Tonga after volcanic eruption, tsunamis – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3170)