Man arrested for DUI after driving recklessly on U.S. 89
LAYTON, Utah — A 31-year-old man was taken into custody Friday after authorities say he was spotted driving recklessly along U.S. Highway 89 in Layton.
“The vehicle could not maintain its lane and kept crossing over the center line and fog line and was obstructing traffic from being able to pass it,” read the probable cause statement.
A traffic stop was initiated, according to court documents, in which responding officers discovered 31-year-old Daniel Flores in the driver seat of the vehicle.
“I observed Daniel had blood shot eyes and slow and deliberate speech,” Shawn Ray with the Davis County Sheriff’s Office wrote in the probable cause statement.
Ray said while waiting for additional officers to arrive on scene, Flores climbed into the back seat of the truck next to an 8-year-old passenger and the front passenger moved over into the driver’s seat.
When Flores was asked to get out of the car, he refused, according to court documents.
“He… had to be unbuckled and pulled out of the vehicle.”
Once he was out, he complied with and completed a Standard Field Sobriety Test (SFST).
“I observed 6 out of 6 clues for horizontal gaze nystagmus. I observed 3 out of 8 clues in 9 step walk and turn. I observed 3 out of 4 clues in one leg stand,” Ray stated in court documents.
Flores was booked into the Davis County Jail for investigation of DUI with a passenger under 18 years old and improper use of lanes.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)