SLC man killed in auto-pedestrian crash in Colorado
AURORA, Colo. — A 37-year-old Salt Lake City man was killed after being hit by a Colorado police vehicle on Monday.
According to authorities, a 37-year-old officer with the Aurora Police Department (APD) was traveling eastbound on E. Quincy Ave. in a 2018 Ford Police SUV when he hit a pedestrian at 11:25 p.m. Monday and sought medical help. However, the pedestrian was found dead on scene.
An investigation determined the Salt Lake man had been wearing dark clothing and laying in the eastbound lanes of E. Quincy Ave prior to the crash.
According to police, the pedestrian had been observed to be highly intoxicated in a nearby store before being hit.
The release states, “The name of the deceased is being withheld while next of kin are being identified and notified. For information related to the officer, please contact the Aurora Police Department. The APD vehicle has been taken for inspection and the case remains under investigation. No charges have been filed.”
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 15103)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5870)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 4804)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4665)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 3558)