Driver dead after crash, vehicle fire in Draper
DRAPER, Utah — One person has died after a vehicle caught fire following a crash on Interstate 15 in Draper.
The incident happened on the northbound I-15 Bangerter on-ramp just before 3 a.m. Tuesday.
Officials with the Utah Department of Public Safety said the vehicle was traveling at a “very high rate of speed” on the northbound I-15 Bangerter off-ramp.
“The vehicle failed to negotiate the curve at the top of the off-ramp and traveled through the gore area, through all lanes of Bangerter proper, overturned, and collided with the concrete barrier on the northbound I-15 Bangerter On-Ramp,” read a press release from DPS.
The vehicle came to a stop halfway down the on-ramp, then caught fire.
DPS officials said the driver was found dead inside, adding that the medical examiner’s office is working to identify the individual.
Westbound traffic for Bangerter Highway was closed at 150 East, while eastbound traffic was diverted to I-15 southbound for approximately four to five hours Tuesday morning.
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7375)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 7194)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6211)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5382)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station (pageviews: 4290)
- Centerville wildfire ‘most likely’ caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4224)