Former Utah legislator arrested in connection with child pornography for second time
SALT LAKE CITY – The Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force arrested a former Utah legislator in connection with a child pornography investigation.
Jeffrey Vern Fox served jail time for a previous federal conviction on similar charges.
Earlier this week the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children alerted an internet provider that one of its customers had uploaded several images.
The Utah Attorney General followed up and the trail led investigators to Fox’s Salt Lake County home Tuesday.
According to court documents an investigator said, “I found that Fox was in possession of, and distributed, the same types of files as in his previous conviction, to include erotic stories involving children and multiple files of age-difficult youth, both male and female. He actively engaged in conversations in which he was sharing these files.”
He was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail and charged with eight felony counts of sexual exploitation of a minor court documents said.
Fox was a registered sex offender the documents said and he served 15 years’ probation for his previous conviction in federal court on similar charges in 2013.
Fox was elected to one term in the Utah Legislature in the late 70s.
- Utah teen dies after becoming trapped underneath sand in Kanab (pageviews: 14172)
- Jerry Bruckheimer addresses Johnny Depp’s future with ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ franchise – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14014)
- Provo officer’s death recognized as line-of-duty from meth exposure 16 years later (pageviews: 6911)
- US reaches deal to reopen shuttered baby formula plant (pageviews: 5407)
- Big cross-border tunnel is found linking Tijuana to San Diego (pageviews: 4923)
- Pedestrian killed in Ogden crash (pageviews: 3920)